Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Felicity Outfit Analysis- Hope you enjoy!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    With all the outfit changes for Felicity I have decided to write down each of the outfits she wears in the original illustrations from her books. These are any large or small picture of Felicity, even if you can only see a little of the dress. Pictures of the outfits withou Felicity in them (such as the christmas dress on the bed, the school dress in the press or the riding habit in the trunk) are not included in the count. Felicity never wears the Riding Habit, the Traveling Gown or the Town Fair Outfit. There might be other outfits of hers (short stories, special issues) that I have forgotten for the moment.

    This is the breakdown by book.

    Meet Felicity:
    Rose Garden Dress: Cover, Cover Page, Portrait, pg 9, 19, 25, 30, 44, 54, 55
    Breeches: pg 40, 41, 42, 43, 60

    Felicity Learns a Lesson:
    School Outfit: Cover, Cover Page, pg 18, 28, 36, 55, 56
    Rose Garden Dress: Portrait, pg 12, 44
    Work Dress: pg 3
    Cardinal Cloak: pg 48

    Felicity's Suprise:
    Blue Dress: Cover, Cover Page, 58
    Cloak: 4, 9, 26, 61
    Work: 9, 33, 42, 53
    School: 17
    Rose Garden: Portrait

    Happy Birthday, Felicity.
    Pink Dress w/ flower Apron: Cover, Cover Page, 59
    Pink Dress: 20, 29, 59
    Rose Garden: portrait, 2, 9, 38, 43, 53

    Felicity Saves the Day
    Summer Dress: Cover, Cover Page, 3, 9, 32, 35, 43, 46, 49, 51, 59
    Rose Garden: Portrait
    Pink Dress w/ Apron: 19
    Pink Dress: 22

    Changes for Felicity
    Work Dress: cover, cover page, 5, 8, 45, 35, 47, 62
    Cloak: cover, cover page, 5, 8, 45, 16, 26, 55, 57
    Rose Garden: Portrait, 26
    Work Dress: 35, 47, 62
    Nightgown: 41, 57


    The summer outfit is the cover outfit that she wears the most in that one book, the christmas dress is the cover outfit that appears the least in that book.
    and this is the outfit count totals. The Rose Garden Dress appears in the most books (which makes sense because it is her portrait picture.) The breeches, blue dress and nightgown appear in one book each.

    Rose Garden Dress: 23
    Breeches: 5
    School Outfit: 8
    Work Dress: 16
    Cardinal Cloak: 14
    Blue Dress: 3
    Pink Dress w/ flower Apron: 4
    Pink Dress: 4
    Summer Dress: 11
    Nightgown: 2

    The Rose Garden dress appears in the most illustrations, followed by the work dress. Which makes me really wish AG would reissue a work dress for Felicity. The nightgown appears in the fewest illustrations, closely followed by the blue dress.

    I recorded the pink dress and pink dress w/ apron seperately because the decorative apron really changed the appearance of the dress. Overall, the pink dress was worn 8 times which means it appeared the same number of times as the school dress.

    Hope you all enjoyed this post! I am rereading my girl's books and will probably do this for the other girls as well.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is terrific. You should send it to Mattel.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you so much for posting that!

    I agree, you should send it to Mattel, with a little, "here's why the Work Gown should be re-released!!"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If I sent it to Mattel they would probably just reillustrate!

    Of course, with the new books this is all wrong, seeing as how the traveling gown never appeared in the original illustrations (or even a dress that looked a little like it. The only lavender dress shown is on Nan and on some random girl at the dance lesson)

  5. #5
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Post

    I also noted in the illustrations that Felicity has a cream colored kerchief on when she is wearing her rose garden dress in the picture of the Magazine theft.

    She also wears a blue kerchief while she is riding penny at night. I always wondered why AG didn't make the blue one or the cream one as accessories to the originaloutfits. Things that make ya go Hmmm!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by chrstnwmn7:
    I also noted in the illustrations that Felicity has a cream colored kerchief on when she is wearing her rose garden dress in the picture of the Magazine theft.

    She also wears a blue kerchief while she is riding penny at night. I always wondered why AG didn't make the blue one or the cream one as accessories to the originaloutfits. Things that make ya go Hmmm!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well once I finish the other girl's lists, and get really bored again now I will have to go make "accessories from the illustrations" lists!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have any of the short stories- so I have no idea what she wears in the them at all.

    I stopped collecting while in college (no money) and just displayed my dolls prominently. I didn't spend a TON of time online so I must have missed some of the short stories altogether. I had a very Canon collection up to this year- the midsummer dress, made me expand it!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, that was quite an undertaking. I always thought it was strange that Felicity doesn't wear her Town Fair dress in the short story in which she goes to the fair. I agree that they should reissue the work dress - the numbers prove it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    - Becca

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •